LTS's home away from home

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/26/01 3:47:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All LTS's home away from home
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the 1st of 4 pictures I'm posting for LTS. I'm going to leave it to him to edit and write what he wants about these pictures anyway he wants. By the way I like it!

Powered by generator from 1994 until 1999. We got power now. Had to string it thru a jungle, but we finally got it.

This shot is of the first cabin built(1994). Fully insullated, including the floor. Contains full size stove,full size refergerator,and sink. 16x16 enclosed, screened porch 12x16.

As you can see the sky is gray and rain is coming again. This is the approaching flood as rain just finished and the big one is one the way. If you look at the ground in front of the truck...you will see the water begining to enter camp. This cabin is 1 1/2 miles from the river.

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 5/27/01 2:17:49 am

TallTLynn
    (5/26/01 3:48:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: LTS's home away from home
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd picture

This shot is taken under the large cover and is of the new sleeping quarters. Screened porch is 12x10, enclosed sleeping area is 12x14 and contains 2 queen size singe beds and a queen sized bunk bed that can be seen in the window. Ceiling fans in both rooms. Though it appears to be clear behind this cabin...it is only cut back 50ft as a fire break. At the edge of the fire break it is "pure,dense,jungle" as this is riverbottom property.

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 5/26/01 11:56:41 pm

TallTLynn
    (5/26/01 3:49:21 pm)
    3rd picture

This shot is taken from the edge of the cutback area. Before we cut this back, you could not even see the new cabin. The burn pile is in the lower left of this picture, this 50x75 area took 3 people, three days and three chainsaws and a hell of alotta beer, it was one foot deep in water when this was done. And yes Kdub, the cabins are up three feet from ground level and this year for the first time....water has been in the cabins 3ft. for a total rise in camp of 6 feet, which would be over the hood of my truck. The only escape in that event is to drive out and on to the main road 50 yards out of camp....it is the only high spot...that is where you must stay until the water crest. You can park four full size trucks there....big safety, Huh?

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 5/27/01 12:22:10 am

TallTLynn
    (5/26/01 3:50:18 pm)
    Last but not least...

Last, but not least...is the center pavillion. 14ft high in the front, 12ft in the back. High pitch rate to shead water out of the area. It is 24ft wide and 32ft long. It includes under it. A 8ft cooking table,full size refrigerator and smoker. Wood rack on the left side under it holds 3 1/3 cords of wood off the ground, by the smoker in the back, that rack holds 1/2 cord of smoking wood....pecan,oak and mesquite.

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 5/27/01 1:25:01 am

Kdubya
    (5/26/01 5:02:51 pm)
    Nice looking hunting camp, LTS -

Notice the buildings on pilings - what's the mean water level there when it rains? Can you fish right off the front door step?

By the way - folding chairs don't count as hanging meat!

***EDITED FOR COMMENT***

Lately you could have fished in bed, the metal chairs are used for hanging meat...hint-hint. Bet you didn`t notice the pistol hanging in the shoulder holster...did`ja

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 5/27/01 2:55:56 am

Zigzag2
    (5/27/01 3:32:31 am)
    Lts, nice... really nice. Looks like the place to get away too!

Kdubya
    (5/27/01 5:08:27 pm)
    I'm thrilled someone is FINALLY using this forum! Hot Dang!! Thanks "T"!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

TallTLynn
    (5/27/01 5:19:32 pm)
    Don't thank me kdubya - thank LTS. I merely put them here because he asked me too.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/7/01 5:57:17 pm)
    Been a long wait, just 23 days till squirrel season...YEE-HAA!! Hope to see you soon o-cabin-o-stories and great times. WUSH-WUSH-WOO-WOO..........
    "am not" R2

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/7/01 10:51:34 pm)
    Sounds like a good time LTS. I would jump on my hog and ride down to hunt with you. but I just remembered you shoot hogs.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/17/01 7:39:58 pm)
    Well the stay at the camp this weekend was a small relief from the talking heads, and much needed. We managed to cut back about a mile of trail, very tough.....seemed as though the chainsaw ran more that the shreader. Campsite is now state of the art (ground) 14 yards of pea gravel, 14 yards of coarse cement sand, 56 yards of sugar sand. NO MORE MUD AROUND CAMP!!!!!! Dang near looks like a park. LTS
    I could be wrong......Nah!