1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Lucked out on a 91/30

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Pistolenschutze, Jun 16, 2006.

1. I also doubt very strongly it is an original unissued, Polish. While the rifle is indeed in excellent shape, it has obviously seen use.

No marks of any sort in the finger grooves, and yes, I had already noticed that the right-hand groove is about a half inch longer than the left one. I assume this is simply to make them fit the hand better when the forward part of the rifle is grasped with the left hand to fire the rifle. It fits my hand better anyway. In fact, ergonomically, I must admit the Mosin simply "feels" better in the hands than any other WWII battle rifle I've handled, including the Mausers. :eek:

Well, the rifle is finished and I am well pleased with it. I'm taking it out to the range this afternoon to test it out. I'll let you all know how it shoots with that new Mojo aperture sight in place. I'll also try and get some pictures made and posted of the final result.