Luger Mixmaster

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 12:52:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Luger Identity...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the first Pic of the luger and I really need help with its identity. AntiqueDr and LTS you guys don't usually help me, but this time I really would appreciate the help. I don't have any problem your honesty, if it's a piece of crap. The trade was my Federal Ordnance M1A for $600.00 and this luger, if it's a bad deal i'll just shoot the luger. It appears to never have been fired.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 1:00:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Luger Identity...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other markings, and serial number...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 1:17:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del More Pic's

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 1:19:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del More...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 1:23:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del More
    The last pic was what appears to be a Nazi eagle on the extractor...

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 1:30:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: More
    I don`t know zip about Luger`s, though I do like the style and have always been interested in them.....LTS

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 1:37:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del more
    Same here LTS, I just wanted to move the Federal (I think you may know about them) anyway when he showed me the luger he wanted to throw in, I looked up what i could find in my military book. At the least it looked like it might be a $400.00 shooter.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 1:39:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: more
    Reblued mixmaster parts gun. $400 would be top retail.
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 1:52:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks!
    Thanks Doc!, Do you know anyone who deals in these?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 4:30:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thanks!
    Most of the surplus dealers get some of these now and then. Try Simpson Ltd, although they deal mostly in the collectable stuff.

www.apaxenterprises.com

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 6:44:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Luger...
    Thanks!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/2/02 6:48:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Luger...
    Simpson is looking for the rare collectable types, and probably wouldn't really offer you that much for it. You would be better off cruising a gunshow with it and see if there are any takers. I had a similar one a few years ago that the main dealers wouldn't offer me more than $350 for it - I went cruising a gunshow and got $450 for it.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 6:59:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Luger...
    Bob; I'm tempted three ways: 1) Shoot the crap out of it, because I've never shot a Luger. 2) List it for auction at GB. 3) Both of the above.... I'm going to choose #3.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/3/02 8:22:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Luger...
    SG, my .02, I agree with the Doc, looks like a reblue, recent, the trigger and extractor area shpuld be strawed (on al,ost all original ones) that is a golden sorta color. Do the numbers match? Doesn't appear to be any numbers on the side plate or takedown lever, indicating repro most of the time. Not too important if the mag # doesn't match, they rarely do and it jumps the price $50 or more when they do(in this area) If U want to shoot it, make sure if its a 9mm or 30 cal they camre both ways. I think Doc is rite on the price $400 tops. They are kinda neet tho, but not nearly reliable as the P38. But every gunnut I ever met wanted a Luger or already had one. Have fun

Remember just my nsho am no expert IB

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/3/02 6:37:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del It's a shooter...
    IB; Still haven't shot it yet, but have always wanted a Luger, was offered two P-38's this past week-end. I need to study more about these pistols! Just a student...

John Lawson
    (9/3/02 6:39:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Luger prices
    You gents should bring your mix and match Lugers to our show. Minimum asking prices are 6 to 700. A decent mixed shooter will often bring more.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/4/02 8:33:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Luger prices
    SG.....so it's not a collectors piece...so what? It's a pretty gun, and if you've always wanted Luger, you've got a nice lookin' shooter. Enjoy!

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/02 9:04:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Luger prices
    SG, educate yosef is important!!! The wartime German stuff is very collectable around here, NJ NY PA etc. Condition is EVERYTHING!! Go to shows or dealers an look at what they have. If U have a tuff time telling a reblue, an sometimes its not too EZ, ask Doc LTS an some of the other guys, go with a friend with some ability to "read" the gun.
    As far as 6-7 hundred for a mixed up reblue, not around here. Way too much. It seems like U got a nice shooter at a fair price. Look in SGN an the Gunlist for "asking" prices. Those numbers are not set in stone. If U don't have a blue book, get one. also a Krause an U can get a decent idea what the ballpark figures are. Remember, they are only a guide. Have fun an good hunting