Luger question

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by w1spurgeon, Apr 8, 2009.

1. w1spurgeon

w1spurgeon Member

I have recently acquired a Mauser luger without the marking I am accuseomed to seeing. The serial number is under the barrel and on the side of the slide where the serial number would normally be is a crown over an "N". Can anyone explain what I've got?
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Is it just the chamber marking that is missing? Does it have the stock lug on the back? Are the toggle cocking knobs curved and dished or flat and checkered?

With the chamber not being marked, it sounds like an early edition(before WWII). The Crown over N is a German commercial proof. If you could put up a couple of good closeup pictures of the toggle area and any markings it would be easier to identify.