Luger S/42 G

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by LeafMaverick, Nov 27, 2009.

1. LeafMaverick

LeafMaverick New Member

I have recently acquired this piece and I am looking for what its value may be.

The gun is stamped as 4993 and all of the parts are matching with the 93 stamp. The left side has a B90 stamp a S 91 stamp and the german eagle. This piece would be considered in excellent condition. It does have 2 clips with it but the clips are stamped 6973 and not 4993.

In addition it is in the original holster that is not torn or damaged in any way. Inside the holster is a pouch that has some sort of small clip. The holster still has the original belt and the original brass coated buckle. The buckle has eagle wings coming from what appears to be a motorcycle tire. A swastika is then between the wings.

I am by no means a WW ll expert nor a firearms expert. I am looking for any info I can get on the value of all of the above. I will also answer any additional questions anyone has as best as I can.

Thank You for your consideration.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

nice hopefully someone will be by to help you.
  3. CHUCKEYCITY13

CHUCKEYCITY13 New Member

I am no help on the Luger however the buckle is The Reichsbahnschutz "The Railway Protection Force" I believe its an officers buckle enlisted me would have worn a box style
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Your G date Luger was produced in 1935 and is considered one of the harder to find variations. The value of your rig is somewhere between $2300 and $3000, assuming all internal parts also match. Had both magazines matched, the value would have reached at least $4000
  5. LeafMaverick

LeafMaverick New Member

Thanks for the info.........can anyone give me anymore info on the value of the buckle and belt. The belt also appears to have the name of the soldier who owned all of this on it. Any direction would be most helpful, I have taken this to a local gun shop and they had not clue where or how to direct me on finding the value of the buckle and holster. They also verified that the internal parts did indeed match.
  6. LeafMaverick

LeafMaverick New Member

7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I would make a "WAG" on the value of the holster and belt alone at $150-200. The magazine loader/screwdriver tool, if original, is worth $50 alone. Those belt buckles are uncommon, but I don't have any idea of the value of that alone.

But PLEASE do not sell the holster and belt or tool separate from the gun. I have done that a few times and have regretted it. Keep the entire kit together. Believe me, you will find a buyer.

Jim
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  8. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The following information comes from the reference book "German Belt Buckles" by Thomas Reid:

The German Railway Corporation (Deutsche Reichbahn Gesellshaft [DRBG]), founded in 1835, did not adopt a military style buckle until the mid 1920s. In 1933 a variety was introduced which featured a stylized Weimar eagle. This buckle was used, along with the earlier version, from 1933-1935.

Since your railway buckle has a swastika, it was of the pattern introduced after 1935, to reflect the Nazi government.

As for value, I have not been able to find any similar buckles which are being offered for sale, so it may very possibly have a value anywhere from $100 to $500.