1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Lybian crowd cheers return of lockerby bomber...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Aug 20, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

2. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Another news story that makes your blood pressure go up. Taking a deep breath...
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

It is disgraceful, and I cant believe he was released. It sends the wrong message to our enemies, and will come back to haunt us.

Regarding the case itself, I have always believed while the convicted man was guilty, others were allowed to walk. I dont know why, but deals between terrorists and governments have not been unknown over the years. The Greek and French spring to mind from the heady days of aeroplane hijacks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  4. ARB

ARB New Member

How does this happen? Is it because the Scots didn't want to pay for his medical condition? Life in prison, should mean exactly that you are going to die in prison. I guess now all the other SOB's spending life there who have a terminal illness have a loophole.:mad::confused:
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

It was the decision of a Scottish government minister (They have there own assembly) apparently a humane decision based on the prisoner having cancer and only months to live.

This I would suggest is already much more time allowed to those he helped murder. He should have died in prison. As should those who got away with it it, as they did.

I had, and have in depth reports filed after the bombing. They make chilling reading. Quite horrible and distressing in fact. There are some factors, though in no way 'secret or confidential' I couldn't bring myself to write about. The whole episode was about as bad as it gets.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  6. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I think they should have turned his sorry a** over to the victims families.
  7. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Since I claim to be a "lady" I cannot use the language that befits this decision and its resultant hoopla. But no matter how strongly I feel about it, nothing can match what the families and friends of those murdered must be feeling. They have been done a grave injustice. Pathetically incredible....
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

now he'll die hero and greatly admired. LIFE in prison should be LIFE. :mad:
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

I almost hate to say it, but I hope he suffers a slow painful death. :mad:
    And I would not mind at all if the Scottish Minister responsible for his release suffers the same fate. :mad:

Art
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    &*)@#$)%!@#~+)~(%^(!#$^(^(&^(!#$^(@&($%&(@#$
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i cannot believe they let him out so what if he is on his death bed-did he care about anyone he killed-i don't even want to talk about it any more
  12. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Heard it on the radio up the today,If he has only 3 months to live prison wont be that hard after serving 8 yrs.And who says his Dr's didn't take a pay off and make it all up.
  13. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

I can't even begin to articulate how much this pisses me off.
    Almost as much as when we in Israel release imprisoned sadistic Islamofascist murderers in exchange for......body bags.
    G-d forgive me, but I hope this scumbag's cancer brings him a horribly painful death.
  14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

You guys have to look at the bright side. This is a great opportunity for someone of the victims familys to administer justice the way it should have been long ago. :cool:
  15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

My take...
    While I agree that the guy should have been hanged; I think they did the prudent thing.

If he's essentially dead, why should the state house and treat him (at great expense), just to watch him die?

Scottland is saving thousands of dollars by getting rid of his sorry @$$.

YMMV.