Lyman #38 receiver site????

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Pabooger, May 24, 2004.

1. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Lyman #38 receiver site???? Saddle Ring Carbine

I have an old Winchester 94 30/30 Saddle Ring Carbine made in 1922, it is nickle steel and the gun belonged to my kids great grandfather! The gun has a Lyman #38 receiver peep, the one that mounts on the side of the receiver and has a thumb lever that you unclamp and you can adjust to various elevations! Ive seen these sites sell for $300 on ebay! My site is complete except for the pointer that is mounted behind the thumb lever! Does anybody have this part or can one be made?

Thanks Pa
    Last edited: May 24, 2004
  2. Bert H.

Bert H. Member

Hello Pa,

$300 is on the cheap side for an original... I lost the Bid on a really nice (complete) one several months ago when it went over the $500 mark (I think it eventually sold for $600!:mad: )

Anyway, to answer your question, Buffalo Arms is supposed to be making repros of the old original "Climb'n Lyman" No. 38 receiver sight. You might try giving them a jingle.

Bert
  3. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

heres a pic of mine

Attached Files:

4. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

heres a pic that shows the part im missing it's the third small part from the left!!!

Attached Files:

5. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

I bought this gun for $100 from the ex wifes grandpa, I new the gun was worth some bucks but I had no clue that the site was original or that it was worth that much!!! I damm near took it off and replaced it for a buckhorn!!! Thank god somebody was nice enough to tell me what I actually had!!!

Attached Files:

6. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Thanks Bert Ill do a search and see if I can find their number, or a web site
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

8. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

That is their repro Lyman #38. I think its a bit pricey at $225 for a 3rd-world copy, but that's just me. The pointer could be made for less.