Lyman AA Turret Press

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Kestral, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Kestral

Kestral Member

My two Lyman AA Turret Presses are being partially retired much to my regret as they suited me fine. Problem is the Primer Seater punches are starting to break apart and I cant find any replacements. I have purchased a Lyman T press and really dont like it. The handle is to long,and keeps on unscrewing itself all the time.The primer seater is most awkward for me,and I spend a lot of time searching on the floor for dropped primers,Does anyone know of a current Turret Press that is similar to a AA or a possible source of AA type primer seaters to fit. Believe me when I say I would be most Grateful for any info.
  2. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I would say cut the handle off and put a new bicycle handle on it or have a guy with a lathe turn some threads and put a new ball type handle on it. Then use BLUE Loctite, shouldn't unscrew anymore then either. Good luck!
  3. garydude

garydude Member

4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

5. Kestral

Kestral Member

Thanks Camping Josh for the ReddingT7 idea.Also everyone else who assisted.Had a phone call from someone who got one sent by Sinclair International,via Brownells and it arrived OK,so will do the same. As I load quite large amounts of various calibres,I find hand tool priming a bit to slow,thats why the AA suited me just fine. Thanks again, and for your time, Its good to be in touch with you all.
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

you beat me to it.

I have an rcbs press that will prime.. but I prefer to hand prime my brass.. lets me 'feel' how the primer pocket is doing..
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I had the same issue was you with the T-Mag press. My solution to date has been to hand prime with a RCBS hand priming tool, but I don't load massive quantities at this point.

Good luck! We're glad to have you as a part of TFF.
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

found a complete AA on flEaBay , just over $100 with 15min left. I'll do some checking around and see if I can find some parts for you.
  9. Kestral

Kestral Member

Hi again, Just to say I have purchased a Redding T-7 and have just completed my 1st 500 rds 45acp. What a great machine,does all that I need. Also have aquired a Lyman 7728040 Ram Prime Die which I am using on my AA Press, apart from having to change my primer loading proceedure slightly I`m getting on with it OK.Its a very slightly longer proceedure than the original AA set up,but at least my machines are back in use. I`m sending this just as your worst weather for a 100 yrs is heading your way, so I will send you all the best wishes and good luck one can possibly send and hope you all get through it ok.
  10. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Hunker down, best wishes and prayers for all yall. Stay dry