Lyman Rear Peep Sight Chart

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Mainspring, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Mainspring

Mainspring New Member

Hi, and Merry Christmas to all who read this. Does anyone know of a chart that can be downloaded that lists past and present Lyman Rear Peep Sight model numbers and what firearm they were designed for?
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

One for Marbles would be nice, too, if anyone knows of such a thing.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Lyman used to have one on their site. I haven't been there for some time, but would be surprised if it was not still there.

I'll go look

Pops
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

If you go here, you will see the Lyman sights and can click on each one to see what they fit.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/sights/

Or, you can click in the top bar to download the catalog and select the "sights" catalog.

Pops
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I think what he was after (I know it's what I was after) was a chart so that when a sight is for sale on ebay, I could check and see if it fits my gun. Since, for example, Remington Model 14 pumps haven't been made for more than 50 years, they don't make NEW sights for them anymore, so that page doesn't help me.

I do appreciate you posting it, though.
  6. Mainspring

Mainspring New Member

You got it ALPO that's exactly what I am looking for. I started making my own by going on BrandX, eBay etc. I'm going to keep adding to my list until I get a better one. There has to be one out there somewhere that some gunsmith has.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
  7. Doug Powell

Doug Powell New Member

Don't know anything about the chart (or whether I'm in the right place to ask a question) but, I have an 1885 Winchester Winder Musket w/Lyman receiver sight. The windage screw, knob and peep sight are missing. Would other Lyman sights like a 48R be a source for compatable parts?? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
  8. steve99f

steve99f New Member

See if you can pick up old Gun Digests from the 50's or 60's at gunshows. They usually have a comprehensive iron sight reference. I've got a Lyman chart somewhere but it is pretty fragile and too large to fit on my copier. But they are out there.