M 22 Winchester ammo

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ms6852, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ms6852

ms6852 Active Member

Was wondering if anyone have any personal experience using this rimfire ammo. Is it reliable and accurate? Bass pro shot had the 1000 rd brick for $49.99. I am reluctant to buy the brick as winchester in all my rifles have really sucked in the accuracy department. I have been hoarding cci ammo, but could not find any recently.
  2. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

ms6582

I'LL give you my experiences with the bulk packs in general over several years at my indoor range in Az.

In general they are cheap for a reason, they are truly and invariably unreliable. As far as accurate it is yet to be decided as most people do not shoot enough of them to find out as they are continuously trying to get them to fire feed and or eject properly.

In fact a lot of the people who have purchased them give them to the gunsmith on premises and I am not joking when I tell you he has several at this writing under the workbench waiting to be discarded.

Continue to look for and purchase the CCI as it is one of the most reliable and accurate choices we have found for nearly every gun and seldom fail for any reason. I'm sure you know that many of the 22 caliber firearms especially the rifles can be very choosy about the fodder we try to feed them and as I have said we have better luck with CCI in nearly every firearm than any of the other 22 ammo manuf.

For what it is worth.

UF
  3. ms6852

ms6852 Active Member

Thanks Unclefudd. It's that the packaging stated that it was really good for high capacity magazines. But you are correct as bulk ammo in 22lr is very unreliable. Luckily I have a browning buckmark that even eats up every thing, even the crappy yellow jackets which I use to practice my weak hand shooting drills. Unfortunately I have to use iron sights instead of my red dot as cci is more consistent and no adjustment needs to be made on elevation, where as if I use bulk and it starts to shoot high or low I never know if it is me or the ammo.
  4. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

The bulk packs regardless of the manuf is not going to be consistent so if you are experiencing hi or low hits at the same distance from the target, I'll bet my best spotted pony it is the ammo and not your shooting.

BTW it is probably a good thing to practice failure drills and as you said your weak hand low light etc. If your gun will feed it, it is much cheaper to practice and when one of the rounds fail it gives you real time and real event failures to clear. Great practice when it is unexpected.

Good luck.

UF
  5. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

I've tried the M 22 Ammo. it feeds better than most bulk packs and I've yet to have a misfire. it does shoot fairly consistently & in the 500 rounds that i have shot so far i've not experienced a FTE. would i buy more? probably. but, when I do buy a bulk pack it is normally for the reduced cost for a day of plinking and not expecting super accuracy. the comments for the folks before me are right on for any bulk ammo. If you want good groups on target then buy the better ammo as you get what you pay for.