M1 carbine clone?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Txquadhunter, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

I was out doin a lil pawn shop winder shoppin today on my way back from my DR's appt. I ran across a .22 cal M1 carbine clone. I forgot the maker's name before i made it in. I was wonderin if anyone knows anything bout em? It looked just like a small M1 carbine all the way down to the knotched stock. it's a pre-ban semi auto rifle with about a 20 or so round clip. the rifle was in great shape and askin $190 for it. I wanted to give it good home, but couldn't bring myself to buy it not knowin anythin about it or what it maybe worth. any info over it be a great help.
  2. Jay

Jay New Member

The only .22 "carbine-like" rifles I know of were the Iver Johnson, Erma EM1, and the Marlin. Erma (W. Germany) made the rifles for IJ. Fun shooters. but not any more accurate than the 10-22 out of the box. Most sell around $150 - $200, but I've seen 'em go for almost $300 to the "right" buyer. If it is pre-ban, that 20 round mag will be worth as much as the rifle. I had a gent offer me $80 for one 10 round mag for I had extra, and I sold it !
  3. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Jay, thanks for the info. I know it'd been a bigger help if i could remember the maker. When i first scanned across the 22 rifles i thought it was a longer barreled 10/22 by the band on the forend of the stock then i saw the clip and knew it wasn't. with what you've told me and the shape the rifle was in i may have to hold off on buying the marlin .17hmr and give that 22 a good home. since i can pick up a new 17 at any time. far as group shootin goes it don't bother me to much cause i enjoy plicking more the holdin tight groups, plus with the high cap mag means less reloadin times. plus my old single shot bolt action model 47 winchester with open sights post one hole groups and drives my friends crazy with there high end 22's. if i get it i'll try to post up some pics of it. again thanks for the help.
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Txquadhunter, This is an Iver Johnson made by Erma that I had and let go...had fun with it, but it was time to go...;)
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Found it... ;)

Attached Files:

• erma.jpg
      erma.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

SG, i believe that to be it. bout the same shape too (what i could tell by pic) what did ya get outa it when ya let her go? i still got half the mind to let it slide and get my extra lil sheet. plus i'm gettin outta blued and goin with stainless since easier for me to care for. not all blued goin nor comin in though ;)
  7. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Tx...From what i recall, less than I had in it! I picked it up when I was into novelty .22's...Jay and Kep and others came along with their shooter's, and I decided to get out of novelty's...;) I still see it sitting on a local gunshop rack...Well made rifle though!...:)
  8. Road hog

Road hog New Member

;) How about the Marlin model 99m1 produced from 1964 to 1976. Just picked one up and it is perfect. It is pre 1968(no ser#).Best shooting .22 i own out of 9 different ones. Also have the ERMA and the marlin puts it to shame.
    I'm new to your forum so excuse my mistakes. Looking forward to sharing some fun and information. Thanks
  9. keppler

keppler New Member

Welcome to the gang Road hog. When ya get a chance do some shootin and post up the targets. If I can ever get a chance to go we'll have a contest sometime. Smokin Guns is the Master of Ceramonies and Grand Potentate all rolled into one.
  10. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Welcome Road Hog!
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, Road hog. We hope you enjoy it here and will become a frequent poster.

We are a diverse group and enjoy a camaraderie unsurpassed anywhere on the Web. Our collective knowledge is some of the finest you will find anywhere and is unsurpassed.

Please pull up a stump and make yourself at home. We are dedicated to the preservation of the United States Constitution and those who gave their all to see it through from the beginning to the present. We hope it will be one of your favorite places. Finally, we would like you to feel that this is just as much your home as it is ours.

Attached Files:

12. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep! Welcome to TFF Road hog!...:)

Yep!...'Course that jest means I ghat's the most gas, and the potentate to decimate all mankind with it!...:D

Post up some Pic's of yer shooters and some target results, when ya get the chance!...;)
  13. ehughes

ehughes New Member

My buddy has one of the guns, looked for a spare mag, was going to cost him more than the gun..........

Those mags aren't cheap
  14. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The I.J. and Erma guns' receivers were made of die cast zinc. They don't hold up well.
  15. Kestral

Kestral Member

Just for the heck of it I put my 10 shot 22lr mag inside a 30M1 mag ,works well & I like it better.The actual rifle I have owned since 1977,its fired many thousands of rounds,all ive changed is the cocking lever which snapped some 10 years ago. I find it still very accurate after all this time.pic enc.Kestral

Attached Files: