1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

M1 Carbine High Cap Magazine

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 1 Eyed Jack, Mar 15, 2012.

1. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

I"m thinking about getting some mags with higher capacity than I have now, probably 30 rd mags, so I have a couple of questions,

Are there certain manufacturers to steer clear of?

Do I want to avoid mags with components made of certain materials? Example: I see some advertised with polymer follower's, good? bad?

What should I look for in a good mag?

This is for a milsurp M1, I don't know if milsurp mags can be found for a reasonable price or not, and for my purpose GI or not is not a concern, capacity is the goal, I figure aftermarket repro's are going to be cheaper, but I need reliability though too,

Any info/experience appreciated,
  2. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

I have used both in my IBM but found the best are the milsup. Why have the mags if you can't depend on them ?
  3. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Milsurplus is my preferred, but I've used the new manufacture stuff from Korea without a problem. I prefer the mags to be all metal.
  4. joad78745

joad78745 New Member

Do not buy any Promag. They are junk. Magars are good. I have 3 (old) origional mil spec 30 rounders for mine. Look for eithe the Army issue ones or ones made by the manufacturer.
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

ditto all that.
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

All promag are not junk.

I have quite a few pro mag ar mags that run fine.