M1 Carbine--Quality Hardware and Manufacturing

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Fresh1179, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Fresh1179

Fresh1179 New Member

Hello Fellow Gun Lovers,
    I have recently come into possession of an M1 Carbine, and was wondering if anyone could help me with some valuing and questions about the weapon. I am fairly knowledgeable about WWII weapons and production, but was looking for the help of some real experts. Okay. The weapon. The stock is marked P-U with GHD UEF which makes me pretty positive that it is a Type 3 Underwood Stock. The barrel is also marked Underwood, 1944 (1244?). Now to the reciever. The reciever is marked S/N 48289XX and is marked Quality Hardware LLC. (I believe, I cannot see the entire marking under the Type III adjustable sight) It truly is a beautiful weapon and is in very good shape. I apologize for not having more pictures, I will try to post some soon. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the value of this gun, any input would be much appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Frehs1179

Attached Files: