M1 Carbine?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dodgecitydave, Aug 15, 2006.

1. dodgecitydave

dodgecitydave New Member

Ok I just got an M1 Carbine but I am not having any luck finding any info on it! I am hoping you guys can give me a little more info on when and where it was made and what it is worth if anything. Here is the markings on the gun.
    Behind the rear site it is stamped NAT L GRD INC or it could be an ORD I can't quite tell
    In front of the chamber/bolt area is a stamp saying US CARBINE CAL 30 M1
    On the left side of the receiver is SO. EL MONTE, CAL
    In front of the rear site is the serial # and it is 36533
    It has the push button safety (not the lever type) and on the Mag release is an M underlined
    The stock is an underfolder and the wood is all one piece rear pistolgrip all the same piece of wood. I will post some pics they are very poor quality but until I get a real camera they will have to do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It would be "National Ord(nance)".
    The stock is a Bianchi aftermarket folder.
    Bill
  3. dodgecitydave

dodgecitydave New Member

Any idea when and where it was made? I haven't had any luck finding that company? And as far as the stock goes what Bianchi? The only one I know of only makes holsters? Also does this gun have any value?
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Dave......welcome to TFF.

National Ordnance was one of a number of small manufacturers that turned out copies of the WWII M1 Carbine shortly after the war ended. Most of them used surplus military parts until they ran out of them, and then started making their own.

Most of these, Nat'l Ordnance, Universal, Plainville, Iver Johnson, sell for about same price $175 to $250 in decent condition.
  5. dodgecitydave

dodgecitydave New Member

Thank you! That explains why I haven't had any luck finding the company! Considering the gun was given to me I didn't lose any money and it is in good enough condition to be a fun shooter!
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome back Xracer
    How are you feeling
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi SS. Nice to be back.....and, considering the alternative, I feel pretty good.

As long as I'm strong enough to lift my Blue Book, Flayderman's, and SCOF (seperately, not all at once), I can't complain too much! :D :D :D

"I'd rather be dead than be in Philadelphia"......W.C. Fields

"All things considering, I'd rather be in Philadelphia".....W.C. Fields tombstone
  8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Are yer fingers sore from the typin yet.:) If so stand up and type to let the blood flow back to your fingers:)