The Firearms Forum banner

M1 Garand finally shipped!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  fourniermod11 
#1 ·
Finally, my latest M1 Garand has shipped from the CMP.
Ordered on Feb 7.
Service grade Springfield, Serial number 3140447..sept 1944, another WW2 gun!
Hoping for GI wood with a nice cartouche
I'll post pics when it gets here, of course it must ship overnight, but Sat and Sun don't count so my overnight ship is 3 days arrrggghh

#5 ·
CCHolderinMaine:

I have bought a couple Service grade Garands and they were excellent in condition. Yours will probably be the same.

I also bought a Special grade with the new stock, new barrel, and refinished parts and pieces. What an excellent gun! I went that way because accuracy is more important to me than originality.

The hardest thing in buying from CMP is the wait. But being only three days from receipt is almost home. Have fun with your Garand. The CMP Garands are superb guns, especially in the Service grade.

LDBennett

#6 ·
Congrats! Maybe someday for me, I will own one.
Congratulations!
It starts with 1. Then you need one from each manufacturer. Then you need a CMP special just because they look so nice. then you need a Springfield from both WW2 and Korea. Then you already have a collection, but the CMP is running out of HRA field grades, so I better get one while I can. etc. etc.

It's Garanditis, it's addictive and very contagious. Caution :)

#8 ·
CCHolderinMaine:

I didn't get the Garand addiction as I only have two now. I wanted a good shooter (the Special) and I kept the Beretta parts with the American made receiver rifle. On the Beretta I stuck a scope.

But I do have an addiction for military rifles or clones, though, and have several various ones.

Just owning guns is addictive! I have many more, other than military guns, than I can shoot regularly.

LDBennett

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.