1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

M14 Kits available from the CMP

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Dr342, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Dr342

Dr342 New Member

Looks like they released about 400 kits. Price is $600. Sales page lists them as Grade A Kits less Reciever, Barrel & Bolt. Doesnt sound like the folks at the Tfl.com are very impressed.

Anyone going to take a chance, why or why not? Personally, Im in for another Woodless WRA from the CMP. No M14 Kit for me.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I saw that in the email update I got last week from them.

I don't think I would be all that interested in them either.
  3. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

That $600 is really dang pricey for the very few parts you'd get. If they don't (of course) include the receiver, the bolt or the barrel, you are paying about $400 way too much. I'm sure that none of the selector-switch components are included, and I doubt if anybody is going to want to build a select fire M14 anyway.

So - you are buying the complete stock and handguard set, the trigger group and the rear and front sights, the operating rod and the gas piston and flash suppressor. Can't believe that these will go flying off the shelf from DCM very fast........

Throw in maybe $500 more and you can buy a decent used M1A complete. Put me down as a definate "NO BUY".