M1935

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/16/01 5:39:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All M1935
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Bob, neat article on the M1935 in SGN this week, did you see it?

I liked his comment about French Arms designers since WWI evidently hating French Soldiers...

Anyway, Abernathy has one in sweet condition, cheap, that I've thought about alot. How can such a great looking gun need such a goofy round?

I get it...America gave us 50,000 rounds of a caliber/size they don't want, let's design a gun for it...I always wondered where all the .30 Pederson went.
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/17/01 5:53:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: M1935
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am still trying to catch up - my latest issue of Shotgun News is still sitting on the counter. I'll need to read that article.

polishshooter
    (9/17/01 10:10:35 am)
    It talks a little about the Eibar connection with the French Military during WWI and later.
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

Bob In St Louis
    (9/17/01 8:10:39 pm)
    Read the article this evening. That is one thing I like that Shotgun News has started doing - carrying those articles once a month on old militaries and cartridges. They do mention the French purchased Astra 400s after WWI - that occurred sometime around 1929 to 1932. That is one Astra 400 I would like to add to my collection yet - French arsenal marked.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!