M1A National Match loads

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by red6, Jul 20, 2006.

1. red6

red6 New Member

I have an M1A National Match that I need to find a good powder/load for. I'm using a Hornady 150 grain Full Metal Jacket bullet for plinking and a 168 grain Boat Tail Hollow Point for match rounds. Springfield has checked the rifle out and I have never had a problem shooting GI ball. The problem I'm running into is feeding problems with the powders that I have tried. Also, the shoulder of the necks are dented after firing, I have not seen this before. I use Hornady One Shot case lube and not too much so I don't think that is the problem there. I think that maybe I'm using a powder with too slow a burn rate because it's a gas operated rifle with tight tolerances. Does anyone shoot long range comp in this field that can help me out here. Thanks.