M24/47 questions and value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rybur, Sep 18, 2012.

1. rybur

rybur New Member

Hello, all. I have a few questions about an M24/47 that I got a few months ago.

1. What would you say it's worth?
    2. Is the bolt an original bent one for the type 1 cavalry carbine, or was it a bubba job?
    3. Would running 10 surplus yugo rounds through it with a hot water/oil cleaning afterwards hurt it?
    4. Is the sling one of the "Emergency Issue" slings I've heard about?

Now for pictures... Give me a bit to post them all. 4 to a post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. rybur

rybur New Member

More pictures.

Attached Files:

3. rybur

rybur New Member

Last of the pictures. I have a non-matching bayonet for it.
    Thank you for your input!

Attached Files:

4. rybur

rybur New Member

Actually, I forgot one. Here's the bore.

Attached Files:

5. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

It is worth anywhere from $150-300 depending on condition and whether all numbers are matching. They are readily available and abundant.
  6. rybur

rybur New Member

I haven't seen that many by me, but it IS imported, so I guess there are a bunch floating around. I was told that aside from the finish on the stock, the gun was in pretty good shape. I know that the standard model had a straight bolt but mine does not. I wanted to see if anyone could verify if the bolt on mine was an original bent one or if bubba got to screwing around with it.

Also, I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard that there are some Russian capture versions of this with a plumb colored bolt. Cabela's had one with a plumb bolt for about $250 a few weeks ago, with visible cosmoline in the crevaces.