The Firearms Forum banner

MAB 78

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Bill DeShivs 
#1 ·
Good day. I just got this little 6.35mm pistol. It seems odd to me that it bears the name of the famous French gun maker MAB and is marked model 78. Odd because the gun was made in Bresica and by all appearance is a Rigarmi 1957. Granted it is a bit larger than my 1957, and the ejection port opening is far more generous. I am hoping someone knows something that will help me understand this one.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Technology Electronic device Netbook Gadget
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Revolver

See less See more
#4 ·
Made under license. Walther and several other manufacturers in Europe did the same thing.

#7 · (Edited)
Berscia is in Italy, I know MAB had some guns made in Spain ( Eibar ) but I've never known them to mark Italian guns with their Logo. BTW, I can not find a Model 78 either, perhaps I am looking for love in all the wrong places. Added: The more research I do the more confused about this gun I become. I can find no Model 78, I know MAB under went some hard times in the 1960's and went under different owner ships, but I can find no reference of them contracting guns from Italy, Spain yes, Italy, no. Does anyone have more information or references??

#8 ·
Thanks much for the detailed response RJay. I am in the same boat, a MAB 78 made in Italy does not fit with what I can find out. I wrote to a forum in Italy but have not heard back. Might be a language issue, the translation bots do not do so well with technical words and phrases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.