1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

MAB model D (S.N. 24XXX) feeding problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ShawnDow, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Thanks for putting up such good pictures, ShawnDow. Since the safety catch on the MAB D is different from the one on the Browning 1910, I have been curious for a long time about just what it did, and whether it locked the sear in any positive way. Thanks to your photos...I still have no idea, but I really should be able to figure it out!
  2. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

The "thumb" safety has been brazed... and one is on order, the toe of the "tumbler", I "shimed", the trigger rod wouldn't push it far enough rearward... I do have a new one of those, but it must have come off a different production run; series 1 vs. series 2 or some thing like that, for the hole that mounts it to the frame pin is in a different location .. by about .040". I think ill have a gun smith or welder build up the toe on the original one, then i'll file it to fit.

My plan is to restore it to a safe and serviceable unit. I just find the inner workings so magnificent, the new polly guns have nothing on this. There is no "art" to the inner workings any more.
  3. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Lanrezac, the only thing that "locks" the sear cam is the palm safety, in the pics you can see where there is a lug that prevents the sear from droping while the palm safety is in its relaxed position.
    If you would like other pics of the inner workings let me know, i can post or email them to you.
  4. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Thanks, ShawnDow, but I think that your remarks make it clear enough. I agree with you about how well made the lockwork on old guns can be, I just don't any skills for working on them myself.
  5. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Found the culprit, The Triple K is on the right:eek:.. a MAB original is on the left:)... the bullets were bumping off of the high lip on the Triple K mag.... this will be fixed by using my dremil to lower the lip a bit.:cool:

Attached Files:

6. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Took the old MAB out to the range today... used the O.E.M type magazine... problem solved, it fires and cycles with out a hiccup!