MAC 11 .380 FA and 50LB of tannerite exploding targets.

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by sharpie443, Mar 7, 2013.

1. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

Just us having some fun at the southern Ohio machine gun shoot. The MAC 11 is owned by a friend of and is a transferable machine gun. The rest are owned by American specialty ammo and are dealer samples.

The MAC 11 was not very reliable as you can see in the video. I'm not sure if that was because of the ammo or the fact that it was very wet that day. My impression is that it is just a very poorly made gun. The guy who owns it told me that he has never even put rounds on paper to see how accurate it is because there is no point. I've fired one other one and seen a few being used. They do seem to be a very cheaply made firearm with ver loose tolerances. However if you want a relatively "cheap" transferable machine gun there aren't to many other options. It was fun but it would not be my first choice if i had to use a firearm in any serious situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2DkEYKzfhs
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

maybee the ammo.. or just an example of a lemon gun. I've known m11 cobray/swd that run like sewing machines... fast as you can change then dern zytel mags...
  3. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

Ya I've met people who said the same thing. There dose seem to be a hit or miss kind of thing going on with those guns. I've just had bad experiences with them but my sample size is small so it might just be bad luck.
  4. medalguy

medalguy Member

I had an old MAC 11 years ago and it ran like a top. All I ran through it was good quality US ammo but it would go like the Eveready bunny.
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yep.. Only failure I had on mine was when I tried to put some cast lead loads thru it.

no go went fmj and never a problem again..
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

20 years ago my friend,now departed, found a MAC 10 in the front of a boat at the Miami boat show. The safety was broken into the fire postion. We took it to a range in Desoto FL where we were members and pulled the trigger it went bang. I pulled the trigger as hard as I could because I sensed some body had altered it. Full Auto it went. And went and went...funnest day ever at the range other than my time in the USMC. He died two years ago and I would love to know where that MAC 10 went.