The Firearms Forum banner

Machetes

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Light Coat 
#1 ·
A machete is a good tool to have in the thick woods.
Now they come in all shapes and sizes as well as made from the worst to the best materials.
Which one do you own ? how often do you use it? which one would you buy if you needed to replace yours? Is there one that you think is the best?

Inquiring minds want to know :confused::D

#3 ·
Have not had the occasion to "use" a machete much, in my neck of the woods.
Have you?

In all seriousness, being a collector of "edged" items, for decades, I do have a few. One of the "best" ones that I have, came from a vet, who brought it back from the Philippines in the 50s. It was handmade out of a truck spring, with a hand-carved covering. (sheath)

#4 ·
I own a couple blades that are as good as a machete, a Philippine Bolo and a large hunting knife. I haven't actually owned nor used a real machete, though.

#6 ·
I use a 36" bladed Collins bolo. Had it since I was about 10 years old. It's knocked down a lot of weeds, cut out much brush and even chopped the heads off rattlesnakes for lunch. Wouldn't have another machete. Heck, Collins is approved by the drug cartels and that's quality enough for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.