machine gun license

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by lslubecki, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

As it says in post #2, there is no "license to get a class 3 firearm or silencer". There is a tax. The tax is 200 dollars. The tax must be paid on any and every machinegun or silencer you get. If you get a machinegun or silencer without first paying the tax, you get the joy of a ten year vacation to Club Fed, and a quarter million dollar fine.

So, yes, you have to wait.
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Alpo,

Would that procedure also apply if I wanted to manufacture a full-auto? For example, say I buy an AK receiver flat and a parts kit, but not the FCG. Could I send the paperwork and $200 to ATF, get the tax stamp back, they buy the full-auto FCG and assemble the rifle, stamping my own serial number and my name and hometown on it as the manufacturer?
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

No.

The only machine guns legal for individual ownership in the United States are those that were legally owned by an individual in the United States on some particular date (May something, maybe... I can't remember right now) in 1986. New ones CANNOT be legally manufactured for an individual.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Ah ok, that's what I thought. Thanks.
  5. REISINGMOD50

REISINGMOD50 New Member

6. zant

zant Active Member

If you own a business,LLC,etc-you register to business-no CLEO,prints or pictures.As an officer of the business,you have control of the registered item.