Magazine clip for Colt .380

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by NancyS, Apr 25, 2011.

1. NancyS

NancyS New Member

My father died and left me a Colt Automatic - 1903 .380 (it is stamped 1903 not 1908) Pocket Hammerless 45256. I don't have the magazine for this gun and I want to know if I can get one. Also what is the value of this gun? Thank you.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Finding a real one is next to impossible. There are reproductions, but most of them are crap.

These folks have repros made especially for them. http://www.gun-parts.com/index.html/ I've been meaning to buy one and see if it's worth a flip, but haven't yet. Midway USA sells one, made by National. In the "customer ratings" it seems to get a solid 1 star out of a possible 5, so I'm staying away from those.
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Most of the repro magazines have un-hardened feed lips. They will work OK for a while, but eventually the lips bend and the result is misfeeds. Of course, any replacement magazine (or other major part) decreases the cullector value of the gun.

Jim