magazine holder

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by BETH, Oct 18, 2010.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

a friend of mine only has one arm and is very independent she has been shooting more and wants to go in some "timed" shoots right now she is using a small vise to put mag in to load other than buying a bunch of magazines is there anything out there to help load magazines?:D
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

what rifle is she shooting? there are speed loaders for AR magazines that allow one handed loading , i've adapted a slot loader for a .22 for a mate with one hand

another guy with one hand we made up a sheet aluminium gadjet that you place 50 rounds in and they get sorted to a single stack then with just his thumb he can pull down a round into the mag, but i dont think that would suit a .22 ( too small )

so a lot would depend on the rounds being fired but its doable ..

let me know and i'll look at it and knock out a pattern for your friend that any decent sheetmetal worker can knock up
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

she's shooting a marlin 795 7 shot mag. some of the places she shoots have benches some do not, she originally was thinking of drilling out a pc of wood that mag would fit in that way she could put it between her legs to load mag?
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

do u think if i wrote a letter to Marlin they would donate magazines to a disabled shooter?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Beth , i think if you wrote it well, emphasised how the semi auto suits her , how she wishes to compete with their Rifle , but stretched her budget to buy THAT rifle , they may just do so , what the hey i ping companies all the time for Disabled diggers here , sometimes it works sometimes not

try offering a range report of disabled shooting with the marlin

trying aint hard ..

good luck

i'll take a look at the mag dimensions later and see what i can see that may help

cheers eh
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok thanks Jack her husband is out of work so i'll try writing them
  7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Beth you are a good person. Your friend is lucky to be aquainted with you. May all your days be blessed with happiness.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff, nice to hear, have a great day