Magazine loader

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by pkcgbifaid, Jun 30, 2008.

1. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a universal style magazine loader that will handle a 45 Auto double stack magazine?

Our department is evaluating pistols right now and our thumbs are getting tired from loading magazines!
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

ADCO makes a very useable and inexpensive loader and cheaper yet is a device that you put your thumb thru and it works ok. www.magazineloader.com
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI Inner Circle Video Magazine) did a product review on the Maglula UPLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader just this month. It looks real good, loads almost any centerfire double or single column pistol magazine, and is easier to use than others I have used and seen. I intend to get one for me.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=952670&t=11082005

LDBennett
  4. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I have one of those Maglula Uplala loaders and it works great.
  5. travihanson

travihanson New Member

Yup, i got a suggestion. Get a couple of kids that love guns and give them a little bit of money and let them shoot at the end of the day....I used to love to load bullets for the m-60's at the gun shows. In turn i got 10 bucks and a chance to blow off 100 rounds. Just a suggestion...
  6. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Thanks for the replys, everyone. That Maglula looks like it might just be the ticket, and I'm glad to hear from someone that actually has one.

We've been doing some testing of the Smith & Wesson M&P-45 and let me tell you, that last round is a real pain to get in the mag, so the hand gets real tired of loading after a while. This should really help.