Magazines for the Radom P 35

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Headrush, May 28, 2009.

1. Headrush

Headrush New Member

I am looking for magazines that actually work in the Radom VIS P 35. Polish model with Polish parts. I found to places that stock magazines that say they will work but they don't:

Radom Model 1935

Polish Radom P35
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

you'll be hard pressed to find factory magazine and if you get lucky enough to find one or two it'll cost plenty. however www.ammoclip.com has after-market magazines for 34.00 each
  3. Headrush

Headrush New Member

Thank you, that is another lead, but they look exactly like the one I listed above. The problem is that the magazine lock is too low and not the right size and the spring seem to be too weak. Also the gun jams occasionally when I use it. With the factory one in, I have no problems and can rapid fire 8 rounds.

I had to modify the non factory clip in order to even get it to work. After doing a lot of reading, the only thing I can come up with is that there are different specs for the different manufacturing of the gun.

I have a first manufacture of the Polish model that was taken during the occupation of Germany. It has the German army stamp on it, the stock grove, and the serial number suggest that it was an early model.

Here it the factory clip side:
    [​IMG]
    Factory clip top:
    [​IMG]

This is one of the clips I purchase online on it side:
    [​IMG]
    Non factory clip top:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  4. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

sorry to drag up such an old post.

did you find a magazine for the vis? i have one that won't chamber a new round correctly either and i wonder if it is the magazine.

thanks.
  5. tgill

tgill New Member

Hi I have a Radom VIS grade 1 German, It is in excellent condition and has never been fired. Does anyone know what it would be worth today?
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I assume you mean the first batch turned out under the occupation, no Polish eagle, but still nice finish and rust blue with the takedown lever, in nice shape, close to $1000; lesser money for lesser condition.

On the magazines, there were no differences in the pistol that would affect the magazine; all original Radom magazines should fit and function in all Radom pistols. I can't say mistakes were impossible, but there was good quality control right up to the end, and I know of no manufacturing changes in either the pistol or the magazines that would affect functioning. Many after-market magazines are junk, not just Radom magazines.

Jim