Magic Shine Formula

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Scooter, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Scooter

Scooter New Member

Reading some other posts on the Reloading Forum reminded me of something I had read some time ago, but need an update on:

What formula do you use to clean and polish brass?

I have heard adding vinegar (or something) to the plain old soap and water mix will clean off some of the tarnish. I have heard all sorts of concoctions that are all "guaranteed" to make your brass shiny, perfectly clean, lubricated and ready to load. Personally, I'm a little skeptical, but am always willing to try something new.

Any "Magic Shine Formulas" out there?
  2. merc

merc New Member

Hello Scooter
    O have tried both the green stuff (corn cob media) and the red stuff (crushed walnuts)
    They both do a great job at cleaning but the walnut had some red stuff mixed into it that I think was a pokishing agent.
    The shells come out of the tumbler looking new.
    I have not use any home remedies as I am more than satisfied with the walnut mix.
    Some guys have tried mixing the corn cob and the walnuts to a 50-50 mixture, getting the best of both worlds.
    Try it--you'll like it
  3. Scooter

Scooter New Member

Polish

Thanks merc. I think I will try a mixture.

Somewhere I also read about a liquid concoction that you essentially "wash" the cases in to get them clean AND shiny. No tumbling required, Kind of a "just add water " thing.

Any ideas out there?