1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Magic Shine Formula

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Scooter, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Scooter

Scooter New Member

Reading some other posts on the Reloading Forum reminded me of something I had read some time ago, but need an update on:

What formula do you use to clean and polish brass?

I have heard adding vinegar (or something) to the plain old soap and water mix will clean off some of the tarnish. I have heard all sorts of concoctions that are all "guaranteed" to make your brass shiny, perfectly clean, lubricated and ready to load. Personally, I'm a little skeptical, but am always willing to try something new.

Any "Magic Shine Formulas" out there?
  2. merc

merc New Member

Hello Scooter
    O have tried both the green stuff (corn cob media) and the red stuff (crushed walnuts)
    They both do a great job at cleaning but the walnut had some red stuff mixed into it that I think was a pokishing agent.
    The shells come out of the tumbler looking new.
    I have not use any home remedies as I am more than satisfied with the walnut mix.
    Some guys have tried mixing the corn cob and the walnuts to a 50-50 mixture, getting the best of both worlds.
    Try it--you'll like it
  3. Scooter

Scooter New Member

Polish

Thanks merc. I think I will try a mixture.

Somewhere I also read about a liquid concoction that you essentially "wash" the cases in to get them clean AND shiny. No tumbling required, Kind of a "just add water " thing.

Any ideas out there?