Magnum Research Mt Eagle.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by millman, Mar 19, 2009.

1. millman

millman New Member

Does anybody else out there have one of these? My father bought this one at an auction. He called me up and asked did I want a pellet pistol. Well sure I did, but it wasn't a pellet pistol. I love this thing. It shoots great. It is too light, but the red dot adds a little weight. Since I got this one, I have seen a couple of other ones, but this is the only target model I have encountered.

Millman

Attached Files:

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That is a good looking pistol, but I thought the Mountain Eagle was a rifle. With that orange sight, I could see how he might think it was a pellet gun.
  3. millman

millman New Member

The Mt. Eagle is a rifle now. In the early 90's Mt. Eagles were these plastic pistols. The receiver is aluminum, the bolt and barrel liner are steel, but the rest of it is plastic. (polymer) . I think they were normally 4" barrels, but they also made what they called the "Target Edition", hence the special red ramp sight. It is not a S&W 41 by any stretch, but it has held it's own vs. out of the box rugers.
  4. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Just personal preference here: YUK:eek::eek::eek::eek: Just can't wrap my feeble over-the-hill mind around these plastic guns:D. Gimme steel and wood anytime.:) TJ
  5. millman

millman New Member

I'm with you on the wood and steel Teejay, but I think it is a sin to turn down free firearms. Here are a few more, perhaps more to your liking.:)

Attached Files:

6. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Well, if it's FREE:D:D:D. It IS a sin!! Nice collection, very "old school.";) TJ