The Firearms Forum banner

Magtech 20 Gauge

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Davejohn90 
#1 ·
I have my childhood magtech 20 gauge youth model. Its a great gun and I want to keep using it but, I've outgrown it. I'd like to have a new shorter barrel made for it(Marylands minimun is 18 I think) and a pistol grip. Also I'd like to have the barrel choked down to full. I live In Little Orleans md. I've been looking for a gunsmith around me But, I can't find and most places registered as having a gunsmith only have a shop that sells part not an real gunsmith. Any one know of any places near me or mabye any people who gunsmith within 50 miles of my area???

#2 · (Edited)
Theres magtech 121 20ga at gunsamerica for 75 bucks You could cut the barrel to your needs and maybe have a smith add screw in chokes but pistol grip?? with a full choke? Federal has a flitecontrol round ammo that works well out of a short barrel mod or open choke. You can easily mess with a pistol grip shotgun as is . What ever your shooting at deserves aimed control fire. Pistol grips are mainly move junk.

You do have the Pennsylvaia gunsmith school in pittsburg and a pile of smithy around there. Maybe you can talk the school into useing your old shogun as a project if you pay for any parts or material!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.