MAGTECH BULLETS

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Ace1911, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Ace1911

Ace1911 New Member

Hello to all. I am new to handloading, but not new to firearms. One of my guns is a Desert Eagle. The bulk magtech bullets are priced very well, and I would like to use them. However, I cannot find any powder load data for this projectile. I have contacted Midway, (among others) and even Magtech themselves, and no one has or will give me the load data. The powder I use is Accurate #9. Does anyone have any experience/load data for Magtech? I currently use Speer, as that is the only load data that came with my Rockchucker set up. Any help is appreciated!

-Ace
  2. army mp

army mp Member

Ace welcome to the form. First off any loads you get on-line here or else where. Double check it. As to a load. A little more information is needed. I would guess these are cast bullets. But we will need Cal, weight and bullet type.
  3. Ace1911

Ace1911 New Member

Thanks for your reply. The Cal. is .44 and weight is 240G. They are not cast bullets, they are SJHP or SJSP. As for the info I may get here or elsewhere, I always start at a minimum powder load and work my way up to the right load/accuracy. I have been loading Speer TMJ 240G at 19G powder load
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The way I see it is that these bullets contain no lead, so you don't have to worry about leading, or a jacket/plateing. I would assume that you would work up a load depending on the weight, and caliber of the bullet. Magtech's won't come apart by being fired from a gun, so I would just use the same load you were using, 19grs. of AA#9 should be safe enough. I use 19.8 grs. of AA #9 with the Hornady XTP in my reloads.
  5. Ace1911

Ace1911 New Member

Thanks Carver. My last resort was to simply load the Magtechs instead of the Speer, and work my way back up from the min load again. (17G) Are you reloading for a .44 revolver?
  6. mikld

mikld Active Member

The Magtech bullets I see on the Cabelas and Midway sites are regular jacketed bullets. Reload as usual. I've seen ads for the all copper loaded rounds from Magtech, but none listed for sale as components.
  7. Ace1911

Ace1911 New Member

Here are the semi jacketed Magtach's I was looking at as offered by Midway. Also, there is a Cabela's 30min from me and I have seen these in stock on the shelves.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=1657228564
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I reload .44spcl, & .44Mag., as well as several other handgun loads, along with a few rifle loads. Like I said before there shouldn't be any difference. The bullets weigh the same, and you don't have to worry about lead deposits, or the jackets comming off, so just reload em.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010