Majority Of Tea Party Group's Spending Went To GOP Firm That Created It

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Kev117, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Kev117

Kev117 New Member

Interesting article

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme..._of_tea_party_groups_spending_went_to_gop.php

The political action committee behind the Tea Party Express (TPE) -- which already has been slammed as inauthentic and corporate-controlled by rival factions in the Tea Party movement -- directed almost two thirds of its spending during a recent reporting period back to the Republican consulting firm that created the PAC in the first place.

Our Country Deserves Better (OCDB) spent around $1.33 million from July through November, according to FEC filings examined by TPMmuckraker. Of that sum, a total of $857,122 went to Sacramento-based GOP political consulting firm Russo, Marsh, and Associates, or people associated with it.

OCDB, which built the Tea Party Express, is essentially a Russo, Marsh creation, as we've detailed. The PAC's site was registered in July 2008 by Sal Russo, the firm's founder. That site also lists Russo as the PAC's "chief strategist." Tea Party Express fundraising emails, sent by OCDB and obtained by TPMmuckraker, come from another Russo, Marsh employee, Joe Wierzbicki.

Just for good measure, legendary GOP bamboozler Howard Kaloogian is also on OCDB's board, and has close ties to Russo, Marsh.

From July through November 2009, the firm received $832,403 from OCDB, according to the FEC records. An additional $8,500 went to Russo himself. And Wierzbicki took in $16,219.

The services for which Russo, Marsh was paid appear to be legitimate campaign needs. For instance, it took in several hundred thousand for what OCDB listed in the FEC filings as "PAC Email Newsletter Costs - Generic Fun." That would appear to refer to the numerous fund-raising and activism emails sent to volunteers to promote and build the Tea Party Express -- a nationwide bus tour to build opposition to the Obama agenda -- many of them by Wierzbicki.

But one expert on political action committees told TPMmuckraker it was unusual for a PAC to direct so much spending back to the entity that created it. And the spending details raised hackles among members of the Tea Party Patriots, a rival faction of conservative activists who have denounced TPE as a creature of Republican political professionals that lacks grassroots authenticity. In an email to a Patriots group that was obtained by TPMmuckaker, one TPPer who had examined the filings asked, "What would the true grassroots people think if they knew their money is being spent in this manner?"

A message left in the general mailbox for Russo, Marsh was not immediately returned.
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'm not really understanding what this is meant to prove. :confused: The Tea Party movement is not one spawned by the Republican party but by Rick Santelli on a CNBC broadcast where he gave a rant similar to the one in the movie Network where the anchor called on people to open their windows and scream 'I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more'. The day I heard Santelli's speech I actually felt warm inside in that reassurance that someone is calling this administration out. :D

While the 'Tea Party Express' may have been sponsored by political interest groups, the movement itself is not associated with a specific party. There is no political 'astro turf'. The events I've seen held are not sponsored by any national Republican movement but by local movements. The RNC has jumped on board only because it is advantageous to do so...

I think that this article is submitted only to stir controversy about the movement that honestly has no merit. The Republican party overall has become more moderate in recent years where the TEA Party movement at the grassroots level is anything but moderate. There's no correlation whatsoever. :confused:
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

ponycar, don't bother. Kev is just another brainwashed Obamite blindly following his messiah, King-Emperor Barack I.

I asked Kev this once before, and I never recieved an answer so I'll ask again...just how many guns does Kev own?
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oh but I enjoy arguing relevant facts... :D

I give Kev's sources about as much credibility as I do those from infowars.com or prisonplanet.com, usually posted by the fringe right. :eek:;)
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

and you do such a good job arguing relevent facts:D:D Keep up the good work:D
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Thank you sir, and here is the link to Rick Santelli's now-infamous rant on February 19, 2009 from the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange that spawned the Tea Party movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZB4taSEoA

Kev is simply stirring the pot with a short ladle... :rolleyes:
    :p:D;)
  7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:D:D:D

Yeah, and he probably got all his talkingpoints and liberal "facts" from an ACORN meeting.
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Sorry, duplicate post because of internet connection problem...
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

And your point is?

Bother to check the DNC's ties lately? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Art
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Wow, that's such a good talking point Art. :) Let's talk about the DNC's key involvement in the housing crisis as a point of debate. :D

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/what_really_happened_in_the_mo.html

Good will gone bad?... I don't think so. Even the most economically inept dumbarses realize that government intervention was detrimental to the economy on a broad scale. The decisions made HAD TO BE on purpose!!!!!! :mad::eek:
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Don't bother asking again. I think that the answer is 'zero'. He posted one thread about blade sharpening thus far and NONE about guns in his limited posting 'career'. Man, this is embarrassing how easily that a liberal troll can be debunked and discovered. I want a bigger challenge... :D

See http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/search.php?searchid=1523070

So sad...
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, there you go, digging up facts to refute a liberal's "argument.":eek: I'm sure Kev already knows about how the "progressives" are the root cause of the current crappy state of the US economy and that it was caused by their quest for "social justice." You should be ashamed of yourself!:p:D
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Not only is it zero, but I bet he's all for his beloved federal gov't confiscating the guns that you and I own.

You also notice that he made that post about knife sharpening AFTER he showed up spouting his pro Obama propaganda?
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I noticed... :eek: That placed his credibility in the lower range for me. There's clearly no battle plan in this guy's attack strategy if he didn't even think through his posting strategy as clearly as even a 6th grader might have... ;):p
  15. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

You guys are slow. I put that liberal troll on iggy a week ago. It's nice not having to even look at his posts...
  16. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

That must be a wonderful option.

As I mod, I am required to read EVERYTHING.

It sucks at times like these.

Because once you READ this crud, you are greatly moved to REFUTE it!
  17. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Hey it was posted on moveon.org it has to be true, right? Sorry pal all you libs choose to denigrate the tea party movement because it is a grass roots movement to reduce the size of government. Has either party done that lately?
  18. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Not hardly!
    Which explains why BOTH parties would love to see the movement die.
    Am I surprised that the GOP would start the TPE to do just that?
    Nope.
    Am I surprised that the DEM works hard to destroy it as well?
    Nope.
    Will either succeed?
    Nope!

Of course, the GOP will agree with the movement when the DEM's are in power -
    And I am sure the DEM's will agree with the movement when the GOP is in power.
    But I will support the movement until WE THE PEOPLE are in power!
  19. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about!
  20. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

When there is money to be made, the Blood Suckers come out in droves.

You need to be careful where you send your money. Find out who these people are.

I bet I get 20 fund raising letters per week.