Makarov, who makes the best one?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I'm thinking about just getting a Makarov, there is plenty of 'em and most are great quality. I know that finding a Russian made Makarov is like finding a gold brick in your back yard. But I'm looking at a Polish made P64 in 9mm Makarov, for only $175.

Is this a good price or should I get something different?
  2. kfb2b

kfb2b New Member

$175 sounds pretty fair to me.

I have owned them all. The Russian is a very nice gun indeed, but if you really want the best of them, then find an East German. the quality of build is just fantastic and not cheap, but absolutely worth every penny
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

alaflyguy has a Bulgarian Makarov that is a fine weapon and has given him very good service. It is also an accurate shooting iron.
  4. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

A few years ago I bought a Bulgarian cause it was said to be the best. My father-in-law needed a pistol & I gave it to him without firing it. Don't know if it's ever been shot yet.