The Firearms Forum banner

making short barrel shotgun

13K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  Bill DeShivs 
#1 ·
my vision is going quickly and i would like to make a side by side 12 about 8 inches long . i was told a long time ago but it is gone now. if it involves 200.00 bucks and papers that is not bad but i could use a little help thanks jeff

#29 ·
Flintlocks, by Federal definition, are not guns. They are "antiques". Even new-made reproductions are, by Federal Firearms definitions, "antiques".

Gun laws don't apply. Including GCA68 (gotta buy from an FFL, can't be mailed directly to your house) and NFA34 (have to have a barrel 18 inches or longer, and an overall length 26 inches or longer).

#32 ·
This is true. In the Bad Ol' Days, before Mr. Johnson got the new law passed, and permits were hard to get and expensive as hell, a friend of mine planned to carry his Ruger Old Army concealed in a shoulder holster. "No problem - it's not a gun".

Yeah, but if you "use it as a weapon", like defend yourself with it, it magically transforms into a gun, and you are now illegally carrying a concealed weapon.

I should say nice things about Ron Johnson more often. I wonder if we can get him sainted. Making Florida a "shall issue state" and having "State preemption" should qualify as miracles. :p

#35 ·
I did some looking around. It's possible to get rifled shotgun barrels even in 12 gauge. However, even a 28 gauge barrel is more than 50 caliber (.55) so I suspect that building a pistol with such a barrel would still be illegal since the caliber is over 50 caliber. now, if you could get a 33 gauge rifled shotgun barrel (which would be 50 caliber), then you could legally build a pistol shotgun from it though what's the point? You can build a pistol using a 50 caliber Desert Eagle barrel also.

#36 ·
That's what I've been saying, all along, about the Judge and others of its ilk.

What's the point? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.