Mako group scope mount and scope for glock 21

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by focusmaniaczx3, Oct 19, 2011.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

Just wondering what opinions you guys have on this scope mount and what scope would do well on the gun. I was hitting a 1.5 ft target shot for shot with the glock open sites from 150 yds and I think with optics I could do better. I may even hunt with it.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=48706
  2. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Can't speak to THIS one, but I paid only $39 for a mount with a light for a Mossberg 500- good quality and quick delivery.
  3. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

A mako scope mount for the mossy? Ive been needing to get one for mine as well. Maybe not this year tho
  4. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Maybe I said it wrong- it's a weaponlight- which you can buy all over the place- but Mako had one that came with the mounting hardware for the light and that fit the 500...most lights cost as much or more than $39, so when I found the mount WITH the light for $39...didn't take much thinkin'.
  5. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

Has nobody done this with a glock before? Will I seriously be the first? Come on now surely someone knows something!
  6. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

7. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

omg you guys dont let me down now! you have been there for me for every stupid rookie question i have ever had in the past and this is very important to me! im holding off on ordering the mount for the reason that it might be trash and im waiting to hear feedback some feedback for it. i already have a red dot that i will use temporarily until i get a pistol scope that has a little magnification. i really would love some input you guys!
  8. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

focusman I don't know any thing about mounting a scope on a Glock pistol but just this afternoon looking at some GSSF videos I ran across this one. It shows I believe the mount you are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUB84vD2-zE
  9. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

yes yes yes that is it! still doesnt give me much more info on that mount other than that target acquisition seems to be pretty good. but then again the guy holding the gun was VERY good. i watched some related videos after that and found a pretty good bunch concerning that scope mount saying the mount is awesome and what not but i never did find one that suggested a scope that wasnt a red dot. i just ordered the mount a few minutes ago tho and will mount a red dot on it that i already have and then i will go from there. i will try to find some pistol scopes from gun stores locally so if they dont work out i can return them. its a little more complicated to return something to cheaperthandirt than just driving up to the store and getting your money back.
  10. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

It's polymer. That alone would give me pause. I would have to wonder how stable it would be. I'm sure it would work, but how well? Even an extremely stable mount on a pistol is very different (and much more difficult) to hold and keep a sight picture on. You almost have to have a rest to do any good . Holding a scoped handgun freehanded and trying to maintain a sight picture is really tough. Each tiny jiggle is magnified greatly. Red dot is ok.
  11. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

the only time i would be using the scope would be with a prop so that would be okay. and i might end up using a red dot either way