Man fined $150 dollars for using "N" word

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, Jan 15, 2008.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I would like to know what the charge was. Disorderly conduct? Harassment? Seems a stretch for both to me.

Man fined $150 for calling city worker 'N word'
    by South Jersey News Online
    Tuesday January 15, 2008, 7:52 AM

PASSAIC, N.J. (AP) -- A Municipal Court judge in Passaic has fined a man $150 plus fees for calling a Passaic public works employee the "N word."

Adelson Cruz apologized, telling Aregawi Kishen he lacks self-control.

Kishen says he filed the complaint to teach the 21-year-old Clifton resident a lesson.

Cruz told the judge the altercation happened because Kishen's public works truck was double parked in front of Cruz's car in September.

Kishen says he was fixing a "No Parking Anytime" sign.

Passaic's City Council last year adopted a resolution urging a ban on the "N word."

Link to story
  2. justdoug

justdoug New Member

It happens. Especially in a Public Works situation. Public Works, all over the country, is the crown jewel for disputes that include race, religion, sexuality, education (or lack there of), etc.. If you can get in trouble for saying soemthing, don't say it within earshot of a Public Works employee or even a PW vehicle. You'll be at Town Hall before you can blink. Recently, on the other side of things, PW employee in my area was fined for spitting on the sidewalk. A law that was implemented in the 1800's but is really never enforced. That is until a woman who was disgusted with this particular employee finally got a chance to get him for whatever she could. Funny part is, the judge only fined the man the "1800" price...$0.25! I know because I paid the $0.25. :D
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I don't think using the word is wrong. Equal treatment means just that. If that word gets ya a fine. What word would get a fine if you call a white person it
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

He spews unapproved language at the guy, then turns around and admits it? It was the City workers word against his...What an idiot.

:D
    shootbrownelk likes this.
  5. Texman

Texman New Member

I never have understood the papers and all the news talking heads, always saying "The N Word" everyone knows what you are really saying so why can you say N word but not the "banned" Word? what is the difference.. And if you dare go into a Black patrons bar or night club and see how many times you here the complete "N" word..

The law does not apply to everyone,, just to the "W" folks..
  6. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Last year the NAACP buried the N word, and God Bless them for it..

So being the compassionate tolerant all loving soul that I am.....:rolleyes:

I have started a campagain urging all my friends

to replace the N word with the word.....Monday......:eek:

Why, you might ask?????

It's common knowledge,......everybody "you fill in the blanks here" !!!!!
  7. Wagoneer_Gal

Wagoneer_Gal New Member

I wonder what fines could be imposed for all the names I have been called:p

hang on a minute I think I remember reading this somewhere...
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I guess the guy could actually fight the fine as a violation of his first amendment rights.:D
    BlackEagle, m77user and shootbrownelk like this.
  8. kelvinbravo56

kelvinbravo56 New Member

Agree with it..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Kbravo56, you dug up a 6 year old thread and then posted advertizing in your signature line....hmmm first post too. Not a good start...
    grcsat, shootbrownelk and hstout1143 like this.
  10. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

I really have to pay more attention to the post dates.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  11. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Active Member

My question is, why are there 6 year old threads on the forum? Can't be deleted, huh?
  12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Right now there are 1,146,341 posts in 121,583 threads, do you want to go delete the old ones?
    hstout1143 likes this.
  13. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would think they can be deleted. But, there's also a wealth of information in them if a person takes advantage of the sites Search function. I still use it, relatively often.

Personally, I hope they stay where they are.
  14. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Agreed. Especially in the reloading, and in some of the other sections.
    Crpdeth likes this.
  15. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

On topic, does that mean the rappers on the radio that use that work profanely and often will be getting a citation from the Judge?