Man goes crazy in NYC with stolen knives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Once you've had a chance to read the link, come back here and ponder the following...

1. Should we ban all knives?
    2. Should there be a 7 day "cooling off" period for all Ginsu purchases?
    3. Should we close the "Home Show" loophole?
    4. Should the owners of the knives used in this crime be held criminally responsible for not locking up their knives - keeping them away from children and the criminally insane?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...woman_fights_for_life_after_psycho_goes_.html
  2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Now wasn't if fortunate that an armed person was around. Of course they will make sure to say it was an off duty cop but it was being armed that stopped this nut job not being a cop.
  3. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

All I have to say is that while I was still in law enforcement,had I did what the off duty cop did. My Captain would have had my A_ _ for at least an hour. I don't mean fun time either. Cop shot the perpetrator in the stomach?? Dang he needs remedial shooting lessons. Two to the chest would have saved the state a lot of money :confused:. I also noticed the off duty cop was given a field sobriety test :mad:! What's up with that? Even if he was a drunken Sailor he saved at least one or more lives. New York BAH. Just my opinion. catfish
  4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Wait until the next time and some off-duty cop looks out of the saloon window and decides to visit the restroom rather than intervene and go through all the NYPD/PC BS !!

Its these kinda BS regs that drive out the people we really want as cops.....if they're smart enough to be a good cop.....they're smart enough to figure out they're on the wrong end of the risk/pay equation. Those that don't care we probably don't want... >MW
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Of course knives should be banned Pat, waiting period? Yep just ask those liberals that live in the UK.

I bring up the UK as we are not close behind them in the overall war on a RIGHT.

My mind went to a different place than everyone else’s did. I’m wondering if an off duty cop has the RIGHT to carry? Or are they in the super human category?

This case makes me sick to my stomach and even more disgust for liberals.

I think that most people in the USA think that it is the cops job to “Protect” them, maddening.
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Looks dangerously close to a Poll, Pat! :D
  7. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Damn it, Bruce! Quit blowing my cover!! ;););):D