Man have I got shiner.....

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by etcher1, Dec 7, 2012.

1. etcher1

etcher1 New Member

Brass shiner.
    Wanted to try different shining methods so I put them all in one. I have corn cob, walnut, and not stainless steel media but copper wire for media. The copper wire work well. I have other tumbling barrels I will try walnut and bb's. Here is a video of it.

[​IMG]

Might end up putting some sort of fan for drying the wet media stuff.
    Any comments and suggestions welcomed.
    Thanks for look'in.
  2. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

That is a awesome looking setup you got there. How did you make it?
  3. etcher1

etcher1 New Member

I did a lot of dumpster diving. Lot of odd and ends off of construction jobs. The red frame was a miss-made trophy frame. The tumbler frame was some unistrut channel. The copper tumbling media was scrap wire I was lucky enough to talk them in to letting me have it instead of them selling it for scrap. I had gotten two 1/2 horse motor of some old furnaces that were being replaced with new units. The tumbler barrels are pvc pipe and fittings with victaulic gaskets for traction on the rollers. 5 gallon bucket and milk crate for the vibratory cleaner. Few scraps of plywood and a lot of research on this and other forums for ideas.
    If you can't tell I work (scrounge :rolleyes:) in the plumbing and mechanical business.