Man it's really raining

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pabooger, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Been raining here all day due to the remnants of the hurricane! Supposed to rain clear thru till Friday! Ma just called from work, the roads are starting to wash out in places! Tomorrow might not be a good day if the cricks keep rising! Glad this didn't come this past weekend!

Sure feel for you guys down south that got 12 inches plus! We are only supposed to get 6 to 8 inches!
    Pa who is wearing his hip waders and looking for his rubber ducky's!!! :D
  2. HappyNanoq

HappyNanoq New Member

Lives in the northern Jutland, which is where I gr
    In case Rheagan can't swim.. would you please hold her head above water???

Hmmm - you could probably have a back-yard pool-gettogether. :rolleyes:
  3. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Springers can swim they have webbed feet, but I do worry about here going near the crick when the water is this high! I will keep a close eye on her the next couple of days!!!
  4. groundhogdevastation

groundhogdevastation New Member

Tim, It rained here today like the proverbial "cow pissin on a flat rock"!!! I've had over 8 " since yesterday and this AM it rained over 1" in 30 minutes!!! The fields are bare and the combination of the wind and the water had them wavering like looking at a field of wheat or grass looks with the wind blowing it! Wish I'd had a video to take pics of it! My driveway has 1' gulleys in it!! There is probably 3-4 tons of gravel that washed out at the mailbox that is all the way across the state road to have to be scraped back! It will take me all day tomorrow to get the driveway back to "drivable" again!! (The driveway is over 1/4 mile long!!!!) We missed the big wind(so far) that was predicted!!! BUT WE GOT THE WATER!!! I saw water in places today that it hasn't been since 1985!!!! 1985 was the "Big One" for us!!! Hope y'all don't get it!!! Later!!! Charlie (GHD)
  5. Icon-oclast

Icon-oclast New Member

Guess I'd better check the weather reports for the rest of the week. Normally I stick to looking at the sky. If it's coming down at me, I figure I'd best put on a hat.
  6. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

GHd I sure hope all the rain didn't ruin your sugar Pea crop!!!! :D ;)
  7. njretcop

njretcop New Member

We sure lucked out with the weather we had for the "big" weekend. :)

Been pouring here as well, since we got home! :(
  8. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

Been sitting here over an hour and the sump pump hasn't shut off yet. Looks like the week following labor day will bring what the week prior to memorial day did. A flooded basement!I may take a partial day off and go get a spare sump pump to be safe.
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

sunshine and blue skys is all I have here at the present
    but then we do have another storm on the way
    Ron
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  10. woodsrunner

woodsrunner New Member

Hey Pa,
    Keep you eyes peeled for land on top of hills. No more valleys or flatlands for me. I'll take water running down hill and wind in my hair any day.

Just sign me;
    Woods the 3 sump pump man!
  11. TrinityScrimshaw

TrinityScrimshaw New Member

It has been raining up here for the last 24 hours straight. :(

Trinity +++
  12. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Well, at least it's giving me a chance to finish cleaning these guns. Can't get out to the jacuzzi, so I'm working on the last one now. ;)
  13. Redneck

Redneck New Member

All the schools here closed at 12:00 noon due to flooding. I'm moving to Texas.
  14. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Well Lonnie,

If'n ya ever git outta the third grade, ya wouldn't have to fret about school :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  15. Redneck

Redneck New Member

And just what makes ya think I made it to the third grade? Besides, with my education I should fit right in down in Texas :D
  16. ken w.

ken w. New Member

It's flooding pretty good up this way.I've never seen the creeks around here get so hi so fast since 1976,the year we moved here.I drove around town this afternoon and along with overflowing creeks,there was a major watermain break just before rush hour.
    Just my observation,but do only stupid people come outside during floods and stand next to creeks with torrents of water rushing past them.I like to look too,but every year some one drowns in these same creeks during snowmelt.
    I'm afraid to drive out to our gun club and see how much water leaked into the building.We have been slowly digging out a drainage ditch to get the water away from the building.i have a feeling it will be wet.
  17. NuclearMeltdown

NuclearMeltdown New Member

I'm in southcentral PA also. Lots of basements filled and roads washed out. Today was beautiful though...
  18. ken w.

ken w. New Member

As I was saying about people getting too near the edge of the creek when it floods.A toddler up here was washed away and they found him a few miles up stream.It's unfotunate that these thing happen every year.Water is very underestimated as what it can do. :(