Man shoots robber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satellite66, Mar 1, 2006.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Maybe I'm just cynical but the article seems to focus more on the actions of the victim than the robber.

Police: Man Shoots, Kills Person Trying To Rob Him

POSTED: 10:45 am EST February 28, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:54 pm EST February 28, 2006

MIAMI -- A man shot and killed another man trying to rob him at a gas station early Tuesday morning, according to Miami-Dade County police.

Police said the victim was approached by an armed man at a BP gas station on West Dixie Highway at about 4 a.m. Gas station employees said the robber was a 22-year-old man who went by the street name "S.P."

A witness said S.P. came into the parking lot, saw the victim wearing a gold chain, pulled a gun and demanded that he hand over the chain, NBC 6's Jeff Burnside reported.

The victim was also carrying a gun. Police said he shot and killed the robber during a confrontation.

Police found evidence that bullets were flying everywhere, from both the robber's and the victim's guns. The gas station owner, Cesar Gaiton, said a cashier counted at least seven shots, some of which hit the food store.

"She was screaming. When she called me, I said, 'Hello.' She was screaming, 'Somebody shot somebody in his face,'" Gaiton said.

"From what we gather at this point is that he did have a permit for the firearm. He did utilize the firearm, at this point, from what it seems, in self-defense. But, that's why the interview process and all the information gathering remains the same, like any other case," said Alvaro Zabaleta, of the Miami-Dade County police.

The victim was taken to Miami-Dade Police Department for questioning.

Detectives believe the robbery attempt was random and the shooting was apparently in self-defense. An investigation continues.

Link
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I think that the man needs more practice :rolleyes: I believe that if I shot some one in the face there would only be one side of THAT STORY EVER TOLD ;)
    Ron

Think I will stop by the range and shoot more often :p ;)
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Ummm....read it again, 358. The 'victim' is the guy who killed the robber.
  4. 358 winchester

but seven shots, I know some came from the robber but still seven shots?
  5. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

Well we don't know his level of expertise and when someone shoves a gun in your face the old adrenaline pump starts pumping and that may affect one's aim. Sure hope it doesn't happen to me, but I hope I'm prepared enough to handle it should the occasion arise. Boy, when that buzzer goes off at our local match I know my heart starts to pumpin'! but someone's not shooting at me either.
  6. MnHunter

MnHunter New Member

May I add close quarter combat situations as this one appears to be is alot harder then one thinks til you are in the situation. It is easier to shoot someone at a further distance then it is to shoot someone standing in your face. Just what the military taught me.
  7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

They didn't specify who's shots went wild either now, did they?

Calm down and wait for the Facts folks. It's easier on the blood pressure.
  8. 358 winchester

9. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Seven shots isn't that many. Three from one guy and four from the other, or something like that.

In tactical situations I learned that it is two to the chest and one to the head.

I'll have to agree with Mn. the closer somebody is the more adrenaline the harder it is to keep yourself under control. This is a situation that I hope I'll never have to face.

As a matter of fact, every day that I put on my peice I throw up a short prayer that I don't ever HAVE to use it.
  10. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

From personal experience I can testify that shooting at an armed adversary is nothing like shooting at an unarmed target. The tendency is to put front sight on target and drop rear of firearm to get better view causing a high shot. There is a man who survived because I did that. The adage"Hold low in a gunfight" is true.
  11. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Won’t have to feed him, cloth him, house him, educate him, etc….
    So, what’s the problem.

Good job victim, that is what CCW is all about.
  12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

7 shots & the bad guy is dead. The bad guy pulled the gun first. Seven shots is a lot less than most Police shootouts. :) Chalk up one for us good guys! :cool: