Man who threw shoe at Bush sentenced.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris_tessmer, Mar 12, 2009.

1. chris_tessmer

chris_tessmer New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

theres the link but the sloan skinny of it is that he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and he yelled long live iraq when he was sentenced. idk, i guess thats a fair sentence...i mean he did "assault" a countries leader. and to be honest he is lucky he didnt get shot when he threw that shoe...i think if i woulda been a body guard and seen something flyin through the air at the guy im sposed to be protectin i would draw and fire, and im sure im not alone here :D
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Assault with a biological weapon, should've be more then 3 years. :p
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

The incident was rather disrespectful, and I'm thankful that shoes were all the B$#%^#d threw. However, when watching the tape of the incident, I was somewhat dismayed at the length of time before the Secret Service detail appeared. Did anyone else notice, or am I being too picky?
  4. chris_tessmer

chris_tessmer New Member

in the muslim world hitting another person with your/a shoe is the most disrespectful thing you can do.

i noticed too, the first thing i said when i say the tape was "they didnt tackle him already?" bush acted fast on the duck and cover though, pulled out some matrix style stuff and dodged that "bullet" lol.
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I was also very surprised at the lack of response from the secret service.

The guy stood up and threw something at the President. It could have been a grenade!

The officers responsible will say everyone was searched before being allowed in, but its not inconceivable a weapon could have been passed to him, or hidden inside previously.

Before that shoe landed the President should have had an agent on top of him and the thrower should have had at least three new holes.

I for one was shocked at the lack of any protection. It was Anwar Sadat all over again. Where was his protection, every one of the men who jumped out of the truck could have been shot down before they got 10 yds! Having said that......
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I am not a real big fan of Bush so my take on it was those secret service boys were laughng too hard to get to it in time. I am even less a fan of Yo'MOMMA and I can just see some camel jockey heaving a 10lb watermelon at his ugly hide. Now that would be entertainment.