1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1908

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 6x6, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 6x6

6x6 New Member

I have this carbine in caliber 7MM Mauser. The barrel measures 19 3/4". Overall the finish is 90% or so. There is a 3/4" sling and the cleaning rod in the butt trap. Markings not pictured are a "K" on the extractor, the number 4791 on the underside of the bolt handle, "Made in Austria" on the stock and the serial number on the inletted part of the stock. The barrel does not have the caliber marking on it.

Any assistance you can provide to date the manufacture of this and an approximate value is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. packetsplace

packetsplace Member

According to the info I have found, the mod 1908 should be 8x57 mm although they do mention other calibers on special order. I was not able to find any serial #/ date info. As for value the Blue book says for 90% $1025.00.