The Firearms Forum banner

mannlicher shoenauer M 1903 german silver sight

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jaws 
#1 ·
Hi All:
Can anyone help me with this problem. I had a very bent front sight to my manlicher m1903. When I tryed to straighten it out the thing snapped in two. Can I fix it somehow(soldering) or buy another somewhere?
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

#4 ·
Hi 45 Auto
It' not a Greek. On the side of the breach it's stamped Oesterr Waffenfabr-Ges Steyr and on the 20" barrel it was imported by Von Lengerke & Detmold Inc New York. The stock a monte carlo style comb and raised cheek piece with a steel butt plate and steel door compartment for cleaning rods. Looks like a beautiful hunting rifle.

#6 ·
Check with a GOOD jeweler - they are used to working with tiny little thing-a-ma-bobs and fine soldering is their forte. I have an antique Cossack Kjendahl with a silver handle that needed some repair - A GOOD old time jeweler soldered two very fine edges back together, polished and then antiqued the repair - you can't tell it was ever separating at that point.

#10 ·
to sum my thoughts on this rifle up in one word......NICE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.