Mantracker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geds, Apr 15, 2012.

1. geds

geds New Member

Does anyone besides me enjoy watching Mantracker? They have released some new episodes, including one filmed in Utah.

I have to set the DVR to record them and watch when the rest of the family is away.
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What is (Eddy) mantracker?
  3. geds

geds New Member

Mantracker is a Canadian cowboy who tracks people for law enforcement. He started a show where pairs of folks from various walks of life spend two days as his prey. The prey have a map and compass and know where the finish is. But they have a time limit to get there without being caught by mantracker and his side kick who are on horseback (but don't know where the finish is and they don't have benefit of map or compass).

Mantracker has been on since 2010 and has something around a 75% success rate of capturing his prey.

It is like a game of Fox and Hound we used to play in Scouts, but on steroids!

The show is even better while watching with a bowl of Eddy's Thin Mint ice cream!
  4. 76Highboy

Wow, I wish I had cable TV.
  5. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

i have seen it once, I was kinda cool.
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I wasn't aware that they had release some new episodes. Time to reprogram the DVR.
  7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Everythings better with ice cream.
  8. 76Highboy

I must say that I am a bit of a mantracker myself. Men fear me! I dont need anything but my Swiss survival knife, a rope, a compass, my water filtration system, my gun, bug repelant, a nice watch so I know when it's going to get dark, some protein bars, sunscreen, my sunglasses (non-reflective of course), sunblock, a mirror so I can comb my hair, some skin moisturizing cream, oh and speaking of cream, some ice cream. I wonder what kind would be best?
  9. geds

geds New Member

Freeze Dried in your case....
  10. 76Highboy

No, cause I'll have a fridge with some ribeyes in it. What the heck geds. I'm a survivor.