Manuals..how old is out of date?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Trek Jeff, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Trek Jeff

Trek Jeff New Member

I was fortunate enough to get some hand-me downs from my uncle that consists of Hornady, Winchester and Alliant. Some date back to 2003. Have the changes over the past few years made these manuals obsolete?
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Trek Jeff:

No.

But you may not find some of the newest powders and bullets listed for loads. I keep and refer to manuals that are over 20 years old but let the newer manuals trump their info if it differs. There have been some changes over the last 20 years in reloading but the old standby powders, for instances, are still used today. Some of those powder standbys are a century old!

LDBennett
  3. Trek Jeff

Trek Jeff New Member

LD, thanks I appreciate your input. I've been doing alot of reading on here and your responses to others starting out seem to hold great knowledge, experience and always reflect the safety aspect. I mentioned the manuals to my Uncle and he pretty much reiterated everything you said "READ ALL OF THESE BEFORE YOU BUY OR RELOAD ANYTHING":)
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Welcome Trek Jeff.
    Can't disagree w/ LD. He'll just prove I'm wrong. :D Of course he has been around as long as some of those powders.....:eek:

I'm a Michigander relocated. Still have family in Michigan. Where bout you at, Jeff?

You might also check used book stores for other info on guns & reloading.
  5. Trek Jeff

Trek Jeff New Member

OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!...lol

Flinch, the lovely town of brotherly love....Flint. It's actually getting better, last year we were ranked #2 on the most dangerous places to live in the US, this year we are only #6
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008