Manufacture date for Winchester Model 70 Ranger?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by M70Ranger, Mar 28, 2005.

1. M70Ranger

M70Ranger New Member

My girlfriend just bought me a used Winchester Model 70 Ranger in .270 winchester. I'm interested to know what year it was made. The SN is 2125xxx. Thanx in advance to any info you guys can give me.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Can't find an exact date, but the Ranger was made from 93-99.
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Ayup.

Also, that young lady's a keeper. If she's buying you guns, don't let her go!
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi M70Ranger.......welcome to TFF.

I agree with JohnK3.....that young lady is a keeper!

My Model 70 list only goes up to 1981. The ending number that year was G1537134.
  5. dvl

dvl New Member

Hello Ranger! Glen Gardner, eh? Did you grow up there? I spent my early years outside of Clinton and used to shoot in the Round Valley Reservoir before they put any water in it! I must be getting old. My school bus used to drive through Round Valley.
  6. M70Ranger

M70Ranger New Member

Thanx PlanoTx for narrowing it down to 6 years for me. So its a fairly new gun. And yes i agree she is definitely a keeper, she paid 375 including tax for the rifle. It has an older Redfield Tracker 3-9x40 scope on "gasp" See-Thru mounts (i despise them). That will be changed shortly. But thank you to all who helped out and replied, it was much appreciated.

To dvl,
    No i did not grow up here but I do live right across from Spruce Run and have been to Round Valley numerous times. Hard to believe there was a time when you can drive through round valley. The clinton/glen gardner/high bridge area is very beautiful and more laid back than North eastern (bergen co) NJ where i used to live. I love it here.