1. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

How do you find out who makes what cap and ball revolvers for which companies? Such as Cabela's, CVA, Traditions,etc.
  2. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Krazyhorse welcome to TFF, hope you enjoy the site. As far as I know Traditions and CVA and such make thier own but I do not know about Cabelas and such. Someone with far greater knowledge than I should be along soon to answer your questions.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Welcome to TFF, Krazyhorse. hope to see lots of you around here. Great group of great people around here. I'm sure on of our smoke pole guru's will be here for you shortly!
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This is something I haven't researched, but have wondered about, abit. I hope somebody with more information than I answers.

Pops
  5. Redneck2000

Redneck2000 New Member

BP forum

There's a BP forum at www.voy.com/60048. Anyone from here ever check it out? The denizens thereof seem to be extremely experienced and alway eager to share their knowledge...
  6. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm kind of new to the blackpowder scene. I've been hunting with a B/P rifle for a few years but I was kind of wanting to try a cap&ball revolver. I was looking at the Ruger but I'd like to start out with something cheaper until I'm sure that I'm going to like it. I had a bad experience with my brother and his cap&ball revolver many years ago and it kind of put me off of them for a while. I've been looking around for a few days and the one that is catching my eye is the 1858 Remington Army replica with a steel frame. Is this a pretty good revolver?
  7. Redneck2000

Redneck2000 New Member

CAP & BALL REVOLVERS

I don't have any experience with the Army type repros, but I do have the 1851 and 1861 Navy models as well as the 1847 Walker Colt. The Navies are made by Pietta and the Walker by Uberti. They are all well made and tons of fun to shoot.

For some input from actual users of the Army models, try posting your question on the voy.com site I listed previously. I believe several of them have talked positively abt the 1858. Also believe you'd be happy w/any of the various models made by Pietta or Uberti (or possibly some of the others mfrs), and they are reasonably priced. Good shooting....:p
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm having a problem with your click-thru. It says

Pops
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I built an 1858 Remington from Uberti for a client about 15 years ago. I was very impressed with the quality and the client was just tickled. We ran about a hundred rounds through it the first week after I delivered it. He even let me fire it a time or two. :D

Pops
  10. Redneck2000

Redneck2000 New Member

CORRECTION TO WEB SITE

The web site I listed previously is www.voy.com/60048/ (I forgot that last slash and it won't work w/o it. Pls try again....Sorry :(
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest