Marble Game Getter rear sight

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Road America, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Road America

Road America Member

Does anyone know anything about the correct rear sight for a 1906 Game Getter - not the tang sight but the one mounted on the barrel. A friend has one but it's missing the sight. There is a dovetail cut in the barrel. Is there a Marble model or part number for the correct one? Maybe the same sight was used on other guns? Thanks for any ideas on this.
    Jim S.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. Road America

Road America Member

Thanks Trap, we'll call him.
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

I'll be at the Big Reno Show next weekend, and there's a guy that's always there with boxes of hard to find sights. I'll grab one of his cards, and post his info here when I get back.
  5. Doug B.

Doug B. New Member

Marbles manufactured a see thru scope mount called "The Gamegetter". This is one of two I own. This is my Belgian made BAR in 30-06.

[​IMG]
  6. Road America

Road America Member

We looked on the Marble web site and they have a section where you can look up the specs on your Game Getter by serial number. According to that, the gun originally had a 12 inch barrel, now it has an 18 inch one. I suppose that means there really isn't any "correct" rear sight for it because the barrel was changed anyway. I wonder if the barrel got changed because of the law that was passed in 193?, or if it was just shot from corrosive ammo. Too bad old guns can't talk. The specs even say who the gun was sold to, and the city. The guy that bought it probably isn't talking much now either.