Margret Hornady supports Dem

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Oct 12, 2012.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Just got this and haven't vetted it yet, but I trust the source.

Pops
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

For balance here is info from Grand Island, NE:
    Pops
  3. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

I buy Noslers......hope they don't contribute to the dems.
  4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

good info. thank you.
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

She looks like a pro choice Republican to me. But I have often noticed that business people tend to contribute to more than one party.
  6. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

This was posted in another gun forum, and it appears to be true:
    NRA says:

I'll not be buying anything Hornady makes.
  7. cutter

cutter New Member

Glad I don't have any Hornady reloading equipment. When I use up my hornady bullets I will buy other brands. Can't stand that kind of sheet. It is getting where all I can do is shoot, don't go to movies (don't want to support hollywierd) now I have to start watching what shooting supplies to use!! Liberals SUCK!!!
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

So far what I have found is Adrian Smith, Lee Terry, and Todd Tiahrt are Republicans. That leaves Margaret Hornady. If she is pro-choice that is a bummer. I am pro-life 100% but I know many gun guys that are pro-choice. God will deal with the pro-choice people. Other then Margret, I can not find where Steve or Jason have supported the dems. I actually know Jason Hornady a little bit and find it hard to believe that he would support the anti-gun mobs.

I hope I am not wrong because they would lose my loyalty in a heart beat.
  9. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

In addition to Margaret Hornady's $2500 donation, "HORNADY GUN MFG." also made a $2500 donation.

Who would control the company's policy on political donations?

But regardless, it's pretty clear that the Hornady company itself made the donation to the anti-gun liberal candidate.

While such donations are important for entertainment companies, they need to understand who their customers are and show some respect.
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Damn, now I have to find me a new pistol bullet. I really like the XTPs too. :(
  11. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Now I'm done with hornady myself!
  12. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I am done with them also.
  13. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Going to ask my gun store about this.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  14. 76Highboy

I sent Hornady mfg an e mail in concerns from what I saw posted about them. This is the reply i got back. i believe that people like margret and don would really like to discredit Hornady mfg so this is what i found. Hope this helps.

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

With a few lingering questions still circulating, we offer one final response.

As stated before, Margaret Hornady-David & Don David are not employees, board members, shareholders or owners in any way of Hornady Manufacturing and they derive no income from our company or its operations. Margaret retired in 2009 and Don in 1999. (We previously stated “early 2000’s” simply because few could remember the exact year he retired). We are a private company so we don’t often share our business.

As for Don listing “Hornady Gun Mfg.” on his donation, he retired in 1999 and we are not a gun manufacturer. We do not know why it is listed that way.

Websites, including the State of Nebraska, that list Margaret as Vice President are simply out-of-date. As previously stated, she retired from the company in 2009. Anything listed to the contrary is erroneous, nor have we taken the time to update them.

None of us have control over how our relatives think or vote – as much as we wish we did. Yes, Thanksgiving is going to be awkward for the Hornady family this year.

Sincerely,

Steve and Jason Hornady

via Webmaster
  15. 76Highboy

I have spoke with both Steve and Jason Hornady enough to know they don't support negative liberal bull. I make certain that when I buy certain products to buy the procucts that support what I believ. When I heard this about Hornady I could not believe it because I just spoke with Jason Hornady about the current Obama status about 2 years ago and trust me, he doesn't support the libs any more then you or i. I was relieved to hear back from them on this.